If you want to instantly improve the appearance of your smile, dental veneers are the ideal answer. They are thin, clear coverings that are placed over the front or visible section of the teeth. When they're in place, they resemble your actual teeth and correct any dental flaws. These personalized restorations are available at Soos Creek Dental in Covington, WA, to assist our patients to obtain a perfect smile.
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental veneers, also known as porcelain veneers, are ultra-thin, tooth-colored shells that are fitted and glued to the front portion of the teeth to correct dental flaws and improve their appearance. Dental veneers can change the size, shape, color, and length of one's teeth by bonding them to the frontal surface of one's teeth. Porcelain dental veneers can help patients attain a more beautiful smile by concealing or hiding the aesthetic effects of a variety of dental disorders, including tooth decay.
The Benefits of Dental Veneers
- Veneers can help fix a variety of minor dental cosmetic issues while also seeming natural.
- Placing dental veneers is a simple procedure. During the treatment, they do not require many adjustments or contouring of the natural teeth.
- Veneers can be used to conceal or repair tiny fissures, dental stains, discoloration, worn-down teeth, and large gaps between teeth.
- Teeth bonded with veneers have no risk of future discoloration since dental veneers are stain-resistant.
- Porcelain veneers can last for 10 to 15 years if properly cared for.
The Dental Veneer Placement Procedure
During your initial visit, we will prepare your teeth by removing a tiny layer of enamel from the front surfaces and softly etching the new surface. This will make room for your veneers and offer a stable adhesive surface.
Images and dimensions of the prepared teeth will then be captured and transmitted to our dental laboratory. The prepared tooth will next be protected with a temporary veneer.
We will temporarily fit your new veneers to test your bite on your second visit. The veneer will be firmly glued to your teeth using dental adhesives after its appearance and feel are determined to be satisfactory. Once your new veneers are in place, they must be maintained with an effective dental hygiene program to ensure that they last as long as possible.
If you are interested in learning more about our dental veneer treatments, visit our office, Soos Creek Dental, at 17615 SE 272nd St, Covington, WA 98042, or call (253) 631-8241 and schedule an appointment.